Hickory Hill is located near scenic Sumter National Forest and we are confident that, if the gorgeous scenery doesn’t bring you back, the chocolate milk will. A two hour behind-the-scenes tour of our local, working dairy farm includes a little math, science, health and vocabulary incorporated into the tours. It’s educational. It’s fun. And it’s geared for all ages. We can accommodate school field trips, clubs, church groups, other organizations, and families.
• Pet calves and get close to 1,800lb cows
• Learn how cows are milked
• See tractors and equipment (the guys love that)
• What cows eat and how much
• Where and how milk is processed, then bottled
• Enjoy unlimited, hearty samples of our milk
• Kids take home a farm coloring book (while supplies last)
We offer tours September 1 - June 30 on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays by appointment and select Saturdays by special request.
Tours usually start at 9am or 10am. All tour groups meet at the Milk Plant located at 150 Faulkner Mountain Road, Edgefield, SC. It's the red metal building with a front porch.
$5/person. Children 2 years old and younger are free.
For more information or to schedule a tour, call Jamie Pearson at (803) 480-3312.
Every Tuesday night in October we pull out all the stops. $5/person gets you access to all of the following plus a fresh, cold pint of our Hickory Hill Milk: